A Puppy? Yes a puppy. my whole life I wanted a puppy and finally we got one. He is such a sweet little boy, but he can be handful. We call him biting piranha sometimes, I think it suits him better than Teddy. This is Teddy 8 week old golden retriever.
Everyone wants a productive day, productive month, productive business, etc., etc.. But what it actually means? Most people interpret busy with productive. Being busy is not same as being productive. Being busy makes you less productive and Being busy means you have so much stuff to do. If you want to be productive, you want to avoid being busy. Being productive means how much you truly achieve, how much stuff you have finished within expected timeline. We all want to be productive. Productive in all the things we pursue.
Sometimes being busy equals zero productivity for me. I think most of us can relate to that. How many of you struggled to accomplish your to-do list within a particular day. Sometimes at the end of the day, we achieve nothing. Productiveness is zero.
Here are some tips that we can use to be more productive. Achieve more within the day, pursue our goals.
” BEING BUSY IS NOT SAME AS BEING PRODUCTIVE! IF YOU WANT TO BE PRODUCTIVE AVOID BEING BUSY ”
Click to tweet
1. Use a planner/ notebook to list down everything. I have learned the lesson of not using a proper list for a long time. Now I have several notebooks, each dedicated to specific things, and I love it. If you have everything in mind, it is really easy to lose them in a matter of time.
2. Make your to-do lists into priority lists. Achieving your to-do list is not easy enough. But if you can prioritize your work, you can put more time into the most important task. You may not be able to complete your to-do list, but in that way, you may be able to complete most important task. You can find peace with not completing the less important task rather than the most important task.
3. Have some me time. Maybe it is just 15 min a day. You can meditate, dance or walk or just do anything that makes you happy. To bring peace of mind. Sometimes meditation helps you to concentrate your work more and so you can be more productive.
4. Give certain time for certain work. You can allocate one hour for a blog post and try to do it within that one hour. Finish it or not stop your work after one hour and jump into the next task. If you don’t have a certain amount of time to write a blog post, you can write it for forever, right? It may actually take more than one hour, maybe good twenty hours to finish that special post. But be completing your work doest mean you are productive. So allocate some time to a certain work, If it is not enough to allocate some time to the same task in the next day. If it is urgent, then that’s where the prioritize lists come in. You may take as much as the time it needed and complete it because it is in your top line of your prioritize list.
5. Eat healthy, Be healthy. A healthy body means a healthy mind; healthy mind means more productive mind. I don’t say that you have to eat healthy at every meal, or you have to workout every day. Try to eat healthy, try to do a workout, try to run for 30 min or even try to walk for 30 min. It will definitely change everything.
7. Learn to say no. Sometimes if work seems unrealistic or overwhelms learn to say NO. Don’t take everything; you can’t do everything. It may be a great opportunity, but if it drives you mad, there is no point in going that direction.
8. If everything fails and if you feel overwhelms try to take a nap. That will really help you, rather than stay up and worrying about all the stuff you don’t achieve. Take a nap, have a coffee and start fresh.So these are some of the things I found helpful to be more productive within a day. What are your secrets? Any particular tips that can help us to be productive?
I can’t believe it is almost 2016 and today is the last day of 2015. I cannot believe an entire year has passed. I cannot believe how time flies. You know there are millions of things that we all cannot believe. At the end of every year, that’s what most of us say, Including me, every time. Sometimes it is frustrating; Sometimes it is motivating.
We all think ok I’ll do this; I’ll do that next year but what we don’t understand is we cannot achieve everything we planned and that’s ok because we all are humans. It is human nature. But if you achieve none then there is something wrong, and you should analyze why that happened.
So in order to achieve your goals you have to have some kind of strategy. Ok, this is how I’m gonna achieve my goals next year. If you don’t plan that, they are just goals. So here are few thing I’ll try next year.
Break down your goals – Break them down to a small time period and small actions.
You can say I’ll start eating clean, I’ll go to the gym more often, I’ll blog more. But you know it is not specific, and once you turn back, you’ll see no improvement. Instead, plan your workout for January or for three months if you can. Find out healthy recipes, Plan your meals for January. Make your blog editorial. Plan your January posts, Find images for your posts, Or even start writing them down. In that manner you know you achieve your goals, well maybe at least for the month of January. A small time period is what make an entire year in the end.
“If you don’t plan how to achieve your goals they are just goals ” Click to tweet
Sometimes it is human nature we don’t remember all the happy thing that has happened, but we remember all the terrible things that had happened, things we lost, where we fail. At the end of the year that is hella guilt we carrying for the new year.
Write down in a journal every single happy thing that happened in your life. It may be a small thing. It may be a perfect date with your husband, your boyfriend, your best friend or all by yourself. It may be your mother/father’s birthday and you surprised them, write that down. Also, you can collect some small things from that specific day. At the end of the year, you will be amazed by the fact what a great year you had.
Try to be kind to all people you meet. Random act of kindness is all you need. You can also write that down in your happy journal. And once you look back at those memories, that makes you happy even though you didn’t quite achieve what you planned for the year.
So what are you guys planning for this new year? Is there any new approach you are trying to maximize your goals?
Sleep is one of the most important things in our life. Most of us don’t even realize that or even if they do they might not give it its proper credit. Nothing matters than sleep for our physical and mental health. Good night sleep is crucial for rejuvenate or skin, body and mind. Here are some of my tips for a good night sleep.
Get used to a bedtime routine. Do same things every night to tell your mind to tell you it’s time for bed.
Go to bed at the same time every day and get up in the morning same time every day
Try to get 8 hours of sleep and try to make it a habit
Avoid any caffeinated drinks before sleep. Instead, drink some Chamomile tea or Peppermint tea. Don’t go to bed either stuffed or hungry.
Try some yoga poses to relax your body as well as your mind.
Avoid using the phone once you get into bed. This is most important because all of us used to scroll through FB, twitter,etc. last minute updates can wait till morning.
Try to sleep at dark. If you cannot avoid light disturbances try to use a sleep mask.
Try to meditate at least for 10 min. This may be really difficult at first but it is one of the most efficient ways to relax your mind at any time.
At last, don’t bring your problems and worries to bed with you.
Use sleep-inducing scent which leads to relaxation such as lavender oil. It helps you to sleep more deeply.
Hello everyone, how you all doing, for me I’m not in a good mood for few months, I haven’t even thought of getting back into blogging again. But somehow I just thought of letting everything go and do whatever that I supposed to do.
Well, my father was sick, and I’m really worried. Even though I do everything I can, sometimes things are beyond my control. Everything around me happens so fast, and I have no control over it. One thing I learn from this so far is if you let things beyond your control to control you, you’ll never recover. Just let everything go and I think I’m finally ready for that.
Do what you have to do. Worrying and complaining doesn’t make anything all right but makes everything ten times worse. Grieving doesn’t help you. You have to stand against all odds. You may be alone maybe you have someone, a family that supports you but that doesn’t matter. No one can help you if you are going back again and aging to the same place where it all started. There are people out there who have bigger problems than yours. But they keep it up. I know today’s post is just a short note but if you are someone who stuck with things beyond your control, just let it go. You are not the only one. Everyone has their own problems. Once you realized that you can bloom once again.
Hi lovelies. In today’s post, I thought of sharing most common bad habits that most of us share and how to break them. Especially for me these habits are a killer for me if I don’t manage them.
1. Oh, I’ll do it later- Imagine how many times we have said that and how many times we regret saying that. For me, it is my number one enemy. I always think oh I’ll do it later. I’ll do it next day. I’ll do it tomorrow, and the work has never done. If you do the same, I feel you girl. What I try to do is I try to think ok I will finish it somehow, and I can watch Netflix later. Just think about how many times in past you regret that feeling. Push yourself.
2. Sleep- this may not be a matter for most of the people, but I know still the majority are not early birds. Most of them are late owls like me. If you manage to get up early one day, you will realize how much we can accomplish within a day. You have more time to do your work, not only for your work, plenty of time to do your other stuff too. What I do is before I go to bed I think of the next day morning. How I get up early in the morning and get a fresh start. It will help you a lot.
3. Eat healthily- oh this is a tough one. Maybe the toughest one. There is soo many food choices. If you go out for a meal or even if you do grocery shopping, you might get overwhelmed by the choices you have. It is easily misleading. Sometimes we feel lazy to prepare our lunch and may end up in MacDonald’s. At least take an hour every weekend and try to prepare some healthy stuff for the week. Meal preparation is the key.
4. Exercise regularly- you don’t have to do 1-hour work out every day in order to stay healthy, you don’t have to go to the gym every day. If you feel like you don’t have time, it is something our mind came up with. 15 min stretching in the morning is much better than doing nothing at all. 15min walk, 15 min abs is all you need. Once you started, you will see how easy it is.
5. Worry- OK this is also a tough one. Think about how many times you regret over something. But worrying didn’t makeup anything; it will only destroy the precious time you have. Later you may also end up regretting oh I was wasting time worrying about it; I should have let it go. Think about how much time it is wasting. I know it is really hard to stop worrying; it is a natural thing. But think about is it really worth it? The only solution you have is just let it go and do what you have to do now.
Are you also loves terrarium as I do? In the other day I was
looking for some terrarium inspiration on web, you know I want to build
terrarium so badly. It was such a cute way to incorporate more green to your
I was browsing which succulent plant to get what ingredients
I need and I came upon with some amazing cute succulent plants with cute little
pots. Oh my gosh they were so adorable I cannot resist to share them with you.
Well Hello April, Hello Spring.. Another month starts.
Sometimes I feel new fresh feeling and sometimes I freaks out. Didn’t it happen
to you? In one hand it’s a new beginning its fresh start, but in the other hand
three months has passed already, where the hell this time go, how the hell did
it happen?? Oki so enough of freaking out, let’s see – it is spring time
already. I’m soo exited even though it’s still cold outside, no flowers bloomed
yet; fingers crossed this month will be a good month.
For this month I,
Will work out at least four days a week
Will eat healthy on weekdays and try in weekends also (You
have to take baby steps right?)
Will blog more
Will finish the happiness project book
Will make terrarium and hopefully plant some indoor herbs
Will take time to wreck this journal. Only two or three
pages has wrecked so far hehe
Hey, I'm Dilini. Welcome to my blog! Crystal and Stars is focused on providing design and blogging resources for bloggers and creative entrepreneurs.
Here you will find everything from starting a blog to design your own blog. I will share all my freebies, tips, and tutorials. Subscribe and do not miss anything !!